Podcasting For Dummies / Edition 2by Tee Morris, Chuck Tomasi, Evo Terra
Pub. Date: 08/04/2008
New tools have made it easier to create a podcast. The second edition of Podcasting For Dummies shows you how you can create and distribute your own online recordings using tools you already have. This edition also covers what you need to build a top-notch podcasting studio. Expert podcasters Tee Morris and Evo Terra are joined on this edition by a fellow
New tools have made it easier to create a podcast. The second edition of Podcasting For Dummies shows you how you can create and distribute your own online recordings using tools you already have. This edition also covers what you need to build a top-notch podcasting studio. Expert podcasters Tee Morris and Evo Terra are joined on this edition by a fellow podcasting guru, Chuck Tomasi, to walk you through recording, editing, posting, and promoting a podcast. Chapters cover:
- Choosing a topic that fits your expertise
- Writing an outline or script for your podcast
- Turning your existing computer into a desktop podcasting studio
- Picking the microphone, headphones, and audio editing software that best suit your needs
- Upgrading to pro-level podcasting equipment
- Conducting interviews and recording an interview subject who’s not in the room with you
- Navigating the XML code you need to share your podcast
- Finding a place to host your podcast online
- Promoting your podcasts in the blogosphere, online discussion groups, and social networking sites
- Seeking out sponsors, advertising, and subscriptions to make your podcast pay
- Creating podcasts designed to promote a business
Table of Contents
Part I: Podcasting on a Worldwide Frequency.
Chapter 1: Get ting the Scoop on Podcasting.
Chapter 2: Get ting the Gadgets That Make a Podcast Go.
Chapter 3: Building Your Podcast’s Digital Workstation.
Part II: The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Podcasting.
Chapter 4: Before You Hit the Record Button.
Chapter 5: Interview-Fu: Talk to Me, Grasshopper.
Chapter 6: So What Are You Waiting For? Record, Already!
Chapter 7: Cleanup, Podcast Aisle 7!
Chapter 8: Roll Camera: Video Podcasting.
Part III: So You’ve Got This Great Recording of Your Voice. Now What?
Chapter 9: Shrink That Puppy and Slap a Label on It.
Chapter 10: Move It on Up (To Your Web Server).
Chapter 11: Providing Show Notes.
Chapter 12: Geeking Out on RSS.
Part IV: Start Spreadin’ the News about Your Podcast.
Chapter 13: Speaking Directly to Your Peeps.
Chapter 14: Fishing for Listeners.
Part V: Pod-sibilities to Consider for Your Show.
Chapter 15: Show Me the Money.
Chapter 16: Podcasting for Publicity.
Chapter 17: Podcasting for Passion.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Top Ten Types of Podcasts to Check Out.
Chapter 19: Top Ten Most Influential People in Podcasting.
Chapter 20: Top Ten Reasons Why Podcasting Won’t Kill Radio.
Chapter 21: Top Ten Reasons Why Podcasting Will Kill (Or Seriously Dent) Radio.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >