Poetry (SparkCharts)by SparkNotes Editors
SparkChartsTM—created by Harvard students for students everywhere—serve as study companions and reference tools that cover a wide range of college and graduate school subjects, including Business, Computer Programming, Medicine, Law, Foreign Language, Humanities, and Science. Titles like How to Study, Microsoft Word for Windows, Microsoft Powerpoint for Windows, and HTML give you what it takes to find success in school and beyond. Outlines and summaries cover key points, while diagrams and tables make difficult concepts easier to digest.
This six-page chart covers:
- Western poetic schools
- Elements of poetry, including types of meter, foot, rhyme, and form
- Types of poetic language and figurative meaning
- Genres of poetry
- How to analyze a poem and write an essay on poetry
- A detailed analysis of two different poems: Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" and Shakespeare's "Sonnet 60"
- List of selected poets and online poetry resources
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews