- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This practical text uses real-world short stories and compelling dialogue to illustrate a variety of progressive police leadership and supervision principles.
I. Leadership and Supervision
1. Organizational Change - It’s a Promotional Process
2. Case Management – Everyone’s in the Loop
3. Deciding What Counts - An Exercise in Strategic Planning
4. Stretching the Lines of Authority – Supervising the Experts
5. Time for Decisions - The Executive Evaluation
6. Political Mantra - Why Can’t Police Do More?
7. Enforcing Policy – An Alarming Response
8. Media Works - A Guide to Improving Public Presentation Skills
9. Officer Involved Shooting
II. Progressive Administration: The Service Delivery Model
10. Directed Patrol - a Tool for Accountability
11. Geographic Assignment of Resources - Waste Not, Want Not
12. Staffing for Success - How Many Cops Do You Really Need?
13. Specialty Units - When are They Really Needed?
14. Training - How Much Is Enough?
15. Budgeting with Justification - Beyond the Line Items
III. Labor Relations & Discipline
16. Fair is Not the Same
17. Issuing Field Reprimands – What’s the Purpose?
18. Don’t Grieve About Labor Meetings
19. Domestic Violence – When Crime Hits Home
IV. Community Policing: Beyond the Buzzwords
20. Community Meetings – Seize the Opportunity
21. Policing with Purpose – A Synergy of COP, POP, and Directed Patrol
22. Building Trust in the Community – The Aftermath of a Neighborhood Disturbance
23. Partnering for Success - Diversity is Not a Dirty Word
V. Preparing for Promotion. . Bonus Chapter
24. The Time is Now, if You Really Want It