- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
I. DEVELOPING A PERSPECTIVE.
1. Understanding the Police.
2. The Early History of Policing.
3. The English Roots of American Policing.
4. The Evolution of Policing in America.
II. THE LAW ENFORCEMENT INDUSTRY IN AMERICA.
5. Federal and State Police.
6. Private and Special-Purpose Police.
7. Municipal and Local Police.
III. CORRELATES OF POLICING: ORGANIZATIONS, OFFICERS, AND COMMUNITIES.
8. Police Organizations.
9. Individuals in Policing: Officers and Supervisors.
10. Police Officers.
11. Police and Community.
IV. THE FUNCTIONS OF POLICING IN AMERICA.
12. Law Enforcement and the Police.
13. Service and the Police.
14. Order and the Police.
V. DILEMMAS IN POLICING.
15. Community Policing: Tying It All Together.
16. Controlling the Police.
17. Current Trends and Future Issues in Policing.