The complete resource for the nursing and health care perspective on politics and policy with detailed information from leading experts in the field.
Enables readers to analyze policy issues, enhance their political knowledge and skills, and prepare for leadership roles in policy-making and public health. This resource cultivates the development of valuable skills including conflict management, lobbying, the use of media, and working with communities for change -- essential abilities for any nurse assuming a leadership role in today’s changing health care environment.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* Updated Policy Spotlights focus on policy issues such as Stem Cell Research, Medical Marijuana, Genetics, and Intimate Partner Violence.
* Updated Vignettes detail personal experiences, opportunities, and challenges facing a nurse in this career path.
* New Taking Action sections highlight a policy issue or political strategy and provide nurses with examples of how they can take action.
* Evidence-Based Practice (research) and its impact on health care policy and politics is integrated where appropriate.
* New Web Resource boxes include recommended website addresses for students to obtain additional information.
* Solid breadth and depth of content covers both policy and politics.
* Contributors include many leading nurse experts in policy and politics.
* A diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and levels of content to appeal to many nursing audiences.
* Policy Spotlights provide key information on specific policy issues such as complementary therapies, reimbursement, social security, childcare and Medicare issues and options.
"The third edition of the six time AJN Book of the Year textbook interweaves scholarly discussions with personal stories and prominent cases...draws from the expertise of over 100 professional nurse contributors."