Political Scandal: Power and Visability in the Media Age / Edition 1by John B. Thompson
Pub. Date: 12/27/2000
In this new book Thompson develops a systematic and wide-ranging analysis of the phenomenon of political scandal. He shows that the rise of political scandal is linked to the changes brought about by the development of communication media, which have transformed the nature of visibility and altered the relations between public and private life.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 0.81(w) x 6.00(h) x 9.00(d)
Table of Contents
List of Illustrations.
1. What is Scandal?.
2. The Rise of Mediated Scandal.
3. Scandal as a Mediated Event.
4. The Nature of Political Scandal.
5. Sex Scandals in the Political Field.
6. Financial Scandals in the Political Field.
7. Power Scandals.
8. The Consequences of Scandal.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >