- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This political narrative of the rise and fall of the Tudor monarchy examines the relationship between the crown and the aristocracy.
Preface to the Fifth Edition.
Preface to the Fourth Edition.
Preface to the Third Edition.
Part I: The Eclipse of the Medieval Monarchy, 1450-1521:.
1. The Lack of Governance.
2. The Collapse of Obedience.
3. The Restoration of Authority.
4. The Foundation of the Tudor Monarchy.
Part II: The Establishment and Testing of the Tudor Monarchy, 1521-1570:.
5. The Administration of Cardinal Wolsey.
6. Thomas Cromwell and the Crisis of Authority.
7. Henry VIII and his Legacy.
8. Religious Reaction and the Spanish Marriage.
9. A New Queen and a New Identity.
Part III: The Decline of the Tudor Monarchy, 1571-1629:.
10. The Years of Stability.
11. The Stresses of War.
12. The New King and the Old Problems.
13. The Ascendancy of the Duke of Buckingham.
Part IV: The Collapse of Traditional Government, 1630-1660:.
14. The Failure of Communication.
15. Constitutional Stalemate and Civil War.
16. The Fall of the Monarchy, and Military Dictatorship.