- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Updated in a new 9th edition, Politics in America provides straightforward, descriptive coverage of American politics and government. Using the Harold Lasswell definition of politics Tom Dye employs this classic, and still resonant, interpretation as the lens through which he examines the foundations, institutions, behaviors, and policies of the American political system.
1. Politics: Who Gets What, When, and How
2. Political Culture: Ideas in Conflict
3. The Constitution: Limiting Governmental Law
4. Federalism: Dividing Governmental Power
5. Opinion and Participation: Thinking and Acting in Politics
6. Mass Media: Setting the Political Agenda
7. Political Parties: Organizing Politics
8. Campaigns and Elections: Deciding Who Governs
9. Interest Groups: Getting Their Share and More
10. Congress: Politics on Capitol Hill
11. The President: White House Politics
12. The Bureaucracy: Bureaucratic Politics
13. Courts: Judicial Politics
14. Politics and Personal Liberty
15. Politics and Civil Rights
16. Politics and the Economy
17. Politics and Social Welfare
18. Politics and National Security