- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Grand Rapids, MI
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole- punched, loose-leaf version. Books à la Carte also offer a great value for your students—this format costs significantly less than a new textbook.
Updated in a new 9th edition, Politics in America provides straightforward, descriptive coverage of American politics and government. Using the Harold Lasswell definition of politics Tom Dye employs this classic, and still resonant, interpretation as the lens through which he examines the foundations, institutions, behaviors, and policies of the American political system.
1. Politics: Who Gets What, When, and How.
2. Political Culture: Ideas in Conflict.
3. The Constitution: Limiting Governmental Power.
4. Federalism: Dividing Governmental Power.
5. Opinion and Participation: Thinking and Acting in Politics.
6. Mass Media: Setting the Political Agenda.
7. Political Parties: Organizing Politics.
8. Campaigns and Elections: Deciding Who Governs.
9. Interest Groups: Getting Their Share and More.
10. Congress: Politics on Capitol Hill.
11. The President: White House Politics.
12. The Bureaucracy: Bureaucratic Politics.
13. Courts: Judicial Politics.
14. Politics and Personal Liberty.
15. Politics and Civil Rights.
16. Politics and the Economy.
17. Politics and Social Welfare.
18. Politics and National Security.
VI. TEXAS POLITICS
19. The Social and Economic Milieu of Texas Politics
20. The Texas Constitution
21. Interest Groups, Political Parties, and Elections in Texas
22. The Texas Legislature
23. The Texas Executive Bureaucracy
24. The Texas Judiciary
25. Local Government in Texas: Cities, Towns, Counties, and Special