Polysaccharide Applications: Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticalsby Magda A. El-Nokaly, Helena A. Soini
Pub. Date: 09/28/1999
Publisher: American Chemical Society
Polysaccharides are carbohydrates used in a number of industrial applications, such as thickeners, gellants, emulsifiers, and delivery systems of many commercial products. Research in the area is limited, however, and this book fills this gap, providing an up-to-date look at polysaccharide modifications, interactions with surfactants and micelles, stability, and
Polysaccharides are carbohydrates used in a number of industrial applications, such as thickeners, gellants, emulsifiers, and delivery systems of many commercial products. Research in the area is limited, however, and this book fills this gap, providing an up-to-date look at polysaccharide modifications, interactions with surfactants and micelles, stability, and characterization of polysaccharides.
Table of Contents
1. Alginate Microparticles for Vaccine Delivery, M. A. Suckow et al.
2. Gene Delivery by Quaternary Chitosan with Antennary Galactose Residues, Tatsuro Ouchi, Jun-ichi Murata, and Yuichi Ohya
3. Drug-Cyclodextrin Complexation in the Presence of Water-Soluble Polymers: Enhanced Solubility and Percutaneous Transport, Már Másson and Thorsteinn Loftsson
4. Preparation of Polyrotaxanes and Molecular Tubes for Host-Guest Systems, Pierandrea LoNostro, Massimo Ceccato, and Piero Baglioni
5. Cyclodextrin-Linked Chitosan: Synthesis and Inclusion Complexation Abilities, Nobuo Sakairi, Norio Nishi, and Seiichi Tokura
6. Preparation of Inclusion Foams from Chitin and PEG-Chitin for the Drug Delivery System, Seiichi Tokura et al.
7. Polysaccharide Engineering: Silicified Microcrystalline Cellulose as a Novel High-Functionality Pharmaceutical Material, Stephen Edge et al.
8. Synthesis and Characterization of Thermoreversible Sucrose Hydrogels (Sucrogels), Seongbong Jo and Kinam Park
9. Investigations on Cellulose-Carbanilates and Cellulose-Carbanilate-Acetates in Dilute Solutions, Kati Schmidt, Frank-Immo Hildebrandt, and Peter Zugenmaier
10. Molten Inorganic Salt Hydrates as Cellulose Solvents, S. Fischer et al.
11. Cellulosic Liquid Crystals, Pierre Sixou
12. Chitosan-Pluronic Physical Interpenetrating Network Membrane Fabrication and Protein Permeability Studies, Derrick Anderson, Tragiang Nguyen, and Mansoor Amiji
13. Interactions between Cyclodextrins and a Mixed Cationic Cellulose Ether: Anionic Surfactant Gelling Systems, Paschalis Alexandridis, Sungsook Ahn, and Marina Tsianou
14. Interaction between Chitin Derivatives and Surfactants, J. Desbrières and M. Rinaudo
15. Influence of Cationic Cellulose Structure on Interactions with Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate, Melissa Manuszak Guerrini and William H. Daly
16. Creaming and Rheology of Flocculated Emulsions, Pretima Manoj et al.
17. Building Aqueous Viscosity Through Synergistic PolymerPolymer Interactions, James V. Gruber and Peter N. Konish
18. Ultrasonic Techniques to Characterize Concentrated Colloidal Dispersions, D. J. Hibberd et al.
19. Fluorescence Microscopy Study of the Sorption of Cationic Polymers on Hair, S. T. A. Regismond et al.
20. Small-Angle Neutron Scattering on Neutral and Cationic Guar Galactomannan, M. R. Gittings et al.
21. Applications of Gel Permeation Chromatography with Multi-Angle Light Scattering to the Characterization of Polysaccharides, D. Richard White, Jr.
22. Capillary Electrophoresis in Starch Analysis, H. A. Soini and M. V. Novotny
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >