- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Of over 200 documents presented here, most have been translated into English for the first time, providing students and scholars with a new opportunity to compare social movements across Europe over two centuries, allowing a re-evaluation of pre-industrial revolts, the Black Death and its consequences for political culture and action.
This book will be essential reading for those seeking to better understand popular attitudes and protest in medieval Europe.
• Notes to the reader
• Before the Black Death, 1245 to 1348
• From the Black Death to 1378
• The Jacquerie
• The Revolt of the Ciompi, 1378-1382
• The cluster north of the Alps, 1378-82
• Epilogue: After the cluster, 1382 to 1423
• Suggested readings