Postsurgical Rehabilitation Guidelines for the Orthopedic Clinicianby HSS, JeMe Cioppa-Mosca, Janet B. Cahill, Carmen Young Tucker
Designed to help therapists provide post-surgical rehabilitation based on best practices and evidence-based research, this comprehensive reference presents effective guidelines for postsurgical rehabilitation interventions. Its authoritative material is drawn from the most current literature in the field as well as contributions from expert physical therapists,… See more details below
Designed to help therapists provide post-surgical rehabilitation based on best practices and evidence-based research, this comprehensive reference presents effective guidelines for postsurgical rehabilitation interventions. Its authoritative material is drawn from the most current literature in the field as well as contributions from expert physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers affiliated with the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS). A DVD accompanies the book, featuring over 60 minutes of video of patients demonstrating various therapeutic exercises spanning the different phases of postsurgical rehabilitation. Examples include hand therapy procedures, working with post-surgical patients with cerebral palsy, sports patient injuries, and pediatric procedures for disorders such as torticollis.
- Material represents the best practices of experts with the Hospital of Special Surgery, one of the best known and most respected orthopedic hospitals.
- Phases of treatment are defined in tables to clearly show goals, precautions, treatment strategies and criteria for surgery.
- Many of the treatment strategies are shown in videos on the accompanying DVD, enabling the user to watch the procedure that is discussed in the text.
- Information on pediatric and geriatric patients explores differing strategies for treating these populations.
- Treatments specific to sports injuries are presented, highlighting the different rehabilitation procedures available for athletes.
- An entire section on hand rehabilitation provides the latest information for hand specialists.
- Information on the latest treatment strategies for hip replacement presents complete information on one of the most common procedures.
- Easy-to-follow guidelines enable practitioners to look up a procedure and quickly see the recommended rehabilitation strategy.
- A troubleshooting section provides solutions for common problems that may occur following each phase of the rehabilitation process.
- Broad coverage addresses both traditional techniques as well as newer methods in a single resource.
- Clear photos and illustrations show how to correctly perform the techniques described in the book.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 12 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >