- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
List of Figures, Boxes and Tables List of Main Contributors UNED- UK Foreword by Sakiko Fukuda-Parr Preface by Derek Osborn Acknowledgements List of Acronym and Abbreviations Part I: Issues and Context
1. Why a UK Human Development Report?
Introduction What is a Human Development Report?
The Definitions we have Used Social Capital: Making the Connection to Poverty The Process Structure of the Book
2. Human Development in Context Setting the Scene Thinking Globally Environmental Justice A Global Imbalance Environmental Justice in the UK A national View The UK's Treaty Commitments Trade Agreements and Human Development Conclusion Main Messages of this Chapter
3. Getting the Measure of Human Development Thinking about Poverty The Right Tools for the Job Human Poverty and Human Development Making Comparisons Who Dies Young in Britain?
Functional Illiteracy in Britain Low Income in the UK Long-term Unemployment in the UK Human Poverty in Britain The Social Exclusion Unit What the Social Exclusion Unit has Done so Far Is the SEU having an Impact?
In the Regions Main Messages of this Chapter Part II: Key Elements and the UK Policy Agenda
4. Food Security: A Challenge for Human Development The Food we Eat Food and Human Development Food Poverty Food Security Developing Food Security Commodity or Necessity?
Lessons from the Past Main Messages of this Chapter
5. Housing A Key to Human Development Homeward Bound Sustainable Building Sustainable Living Meeting Demand Conclusion Main Messages of this Chapter
6. Employment Integration for the Least Advantaged People in the UK: Opportunities and Risks Into Work Sustainable Livelihoods Incentives to Take up Employment Low Pay and the Minimum Wage In-work Benefits Unemployment and High Risk Groups for Unemployment Active Labour Market Policies Flexibility Employability Conclusion Main Messages of this Chapter Part Ill: The Way Forward
7. From Vision to Reality Meeting Needs An Equitable Environment Fair Shares How can we Empower Communities?
Setting up Systems to Build Sustainability Sustainable Regeneration Regional Level National Level Main Messages of this Chapter Part IV: Reference Section - HDR-UK Report Statistics at Regional Level Appendix 1 Environment and Health Appendix 2 Economics and Employment Appendix 3 Social Environment Appendix 4 Human Poverty Index for British Parliamentary Constituencies and OECD Countries Appendix 5 Participating Organisations References Index