Power electronic circuits for modern industrial applications
Offering a remarkable variety of exercises, examples, and problems, including design-oriented problems, Issa Batarseh's POWER ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to analyze and design power electronic circuits for modern industrial applications. Batarseh presents detailed explanations of circuit operations, clear discussions of the theory behind power electronic circuits, and an effective problem-solving approach.
The text first prepares you with necessary background material on devices, switching circuit analysis techniques, and converter types and methods of conversion, and then covers high-frequency non-isolated dc-to-dc converters, isolated dc-to-dc converters, and resonant soft-switching converters. The final chapters address traditional diode and SCR converters and dc-ac inverters.
• Each chapter features at least 10 exercises, which will help you understand basic concepts, equations, and circuit operations.
• Throughout the text, more than 250 problems of varying levels of difficulty give you the opportunity to use what you've learned.
• Special design problems (highlighted with a "D") offer open-ended opportunities to apply design techniques.
• Solved examples help you refine your problem-solving skills.
• Introductory material on devices, switching circuit analysis techniques, and converter types provides the background you need to understand power electronics concepts.
• Features detailed discussion on resonant and soft-switching dc-to-dc converters.
• Provides a simplified discussion of Pulse Wide Modulation (PWM) Technique.
• A Web site is provided with detailed lecture notes and practice quizzes.