Bernard T. Ferrari is the chairman and founder of Ferrari Consultancy and a twenty-year veteran of McKinsey & Co. as a leader of its North American Corporate Finance and Strategy Practice and the firm's Health Care Practice. Prior to his career with McKinsey, he was a surgeon and chief operating officer of the Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans.
Power Listening: Mastering the Most Critical Business Skill of Allby Bernard T. Ferrari
Nothing causes bad decisions in organizations as often as poor listening. But Bernard Ferrari, adviser to some of the nation's most influential executives, believes that such missteps can be avoided and that the skills and habits of good listening can be/b>
Listening is harder than it looks- but it's the difference between business success and failure.
Nothing causes bad decisions in organizations as often as poor listening. But Bernard Ferrari, adviser to some of the nation's most influential executives, believes that such missteps can be avoided and that the skills and habits of good listening can be developed and mastered. He offers a step-by-step process that will help readers become active listeners, able to shape and focus any conversation.
Ferrari reveals how to turn a tin ear into a platinum ear. His practical insights include:
- Good listening is hard work, not a passive activity
- Good listening means asking questions, challenging all assumptions, and understanding the context of every interaction
- Good listening results in a new clarity of focus, greater efficiency, and an increased likelihood of making better decisions
- Good listening can be the difference between a long career and a short one
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.32(w) x 9.24(h) x 0.54(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews