- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book helps you forge a bond of understanding and trust with your horse that leads to enhanced responsiveness and teamwork. . . . and make riding a pure joy.
Part I: The Nature of Positive Training.
1. Why Do Horses (Usually) Do What We Tell Them?
2. What Horses Really Want Us to Know.
3. Portrait of the Trainer as a Wise Old Mare.
4. Setting and Meeting Your Training Goals.
5. Rehabilitating the Problem Horse.
Part II: Progressive Exercises.
6. Discovering Trust, Respect, and Reward through Touch.
7. Developing the Habits of Please and Thank You.
8. Essential Warm-Up Stretches for Your Horse.
9. Finding Your Balance in the Saddle, I.
10. Finding Your Balance in the Saddle, II.
11. Go, Stop, Engage.
12. Squares, Octagons, Circles.
13. Lateral Yeswork, Not Guesswork.
14. Overhead and Underfoot: Combat Training.
15. Using Positive Training to Find Solutions to Six Common Problems.