Practical Electronics / Edition 2by Nigel Cook
Pub. Date: 10/28/2001
Practical Electronics, Second Edition, is the second of the "Practical Series" texts by Nigel P Cook. It is designed for a one-semester course in Electronic Devices and Semiconductors. The previous edition has been used in a variety of settings vocational/technical programs, community colleges, and four-year universities. The text's flexibility derives from/i>
Practical Electronics, Second Edition, is the second of the "Practical Series" texts by Nigel P Cook. It is designed for a one-semester course in Electronic Devices and Semiconductors. The previous edition has been used in a variety of settings vocational/technical programs, community colleges, and four-year universities. The text's flexibility derives from its practical and clear approach to the fundamentals of Electronic Devices. For programs that offer a DC/AC Circuits course prior to the Electronic Devices course, Practical Electricity, Second Edition, is also recommended.
Features of the text include:
- Four-color text design and artwork to help students visualize key concepts.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter subsection to reinforce topics.
- Realistic art renderings of circuits and electronic equipment to bridge the lecture and laboratory experience.
- A FREE on-line student guide, which can be found at . Numerous interactive study questions are provided on this site to reinforce the concepts covered in the book.
- Many of the text's circuits have been rendered in Multisim from Electronics Workbench and are available on the Companion Website.
To complete the ancillary package, the following supplements are essential elements for any instructor using this text for a course:
- Instructor's Solutions Manual
- Solutions Manual to Accompany Laboratory Manual
- PowerPoint Transparencies. This CD-ROM includes a full set of lecture presentations as well as transparencies forall schematics appearing in the text.
- Test Item File
- PH Test Manager
DEVELOPMENT, CLASS TESTING, AND REVIEWING
The first phase of development for this manuscript was conducted in the classroom with students and instructors as critics. Each topic was class-tested by videotaping each lesson, and the results were then evaluated and implemented. This invaluable feedback enabled me to fine-tune my presentation of topics and instill understanding and confidence in the students.
The second phase of development was to forward a copy of the revised manuscript to several instructors at schools throughout the country. Their technical and topical critiques helped to mold the text into a more accurate form. The third and final phase was to class-test the final revised manuscript and then commission the last technical review in the final stages of production.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.96(w) x 11.48(h) x 0.85(d)
Table of Contents
I. SEMICONDUCTOR PRINCIPLES.
II. DIODES AND DIODE CIRCUITS.
3. Zener Diodes and Light-Emitting Diodes.
4. Diode Power Supply Circuits.
5. Diode Multiplier and Clipper Circuits.
6. Special Application Diodes.
III. TRANSISTORS AND TRANSISTOR CIRCUITS.
8. Amplifier Circuits.
9. Oscillator Circuits.
10. Communication Circuits.
11. Field Effect Transistors.
12. Field Effect Transistors MOS.
IV. INTEGRATED CIRCUITS, THYRISTORS, AND TRANSDUCERS.
14. Timers, Thyristors, and Transducers.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >