- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A complete, forward-thinking guide to environmental community relations procedures and program development
The Practical Guide to Environmental Community Relations offers a comprehensive hands-on framework for working successfully with community residents and other stakeholders to prevent, resolve, or minimize conflicts on environmental issues. Featuring detailed checklists, forms, and worksheets, the book equips you with ready-to-use knowledge and skills in key areas of environmental community relations development:
* Community assessment—how to identify stakeholders and concerns, determine assessment parameters, conduct interviews, analyze data, and report findings
* Communications—how to develop a powerful communications program through written materials, personal communications, and focused media strategy, and how the essential principles of technical, crisis, and risk communication fit within the context of community relations
* Community relations techniques—how to manage public meetings, tours, availability sessions, and other events, plus advice on how to create and run Community Advisory Panels (CAPs)
* Community relations programs—how to plan and implement programs effectively, including establishing common goals and working with stakeholders constructively to achieve positive results
* Environmental regulations—including RCRA, CERCLA/SARA, NCP, NPDES, EPCRA, and Clean Air Act Accidental Release Prevention and Risk Management Programs
* Cutting-edge issues—investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites, permitting of facilities, federal facilities programs, environmental justice, and more
Complete with mini-case studies revealing important do's and don'ts of community outreach in action, this accessible guide is a vital resource for private and public sector professionals working in environmental and facilities management, community relations, public affairs, and law.
Addressing Community Concerns about Environmental Issues—The Importance of Environmental Community Relations.
The Community Assessment Process.
Community Relations and the Communication Process.
Community Relations Activities.
Community Relations Program Planning.
Implementing an Environmental Community Relations Program.
Regulatory Requirements for Environmental Community Relations.
Special Cases in Community Relations.