Practical Guide to the Evaluation of Clinical Competence with bonus DVDby Eric S. Holmboe, Richard E. Hawkins
Pub. Date: 02/15/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This up-to-date, practical guide to outcomes-based assessment in clinical education delivers important evaluation methods, tools, and faculty training approaches for all medical educators. Written by proven experts, this guide will be an invaluable resource to you in developing, implementing, and sustaining effective systems for the evaluation of clinical competence in medical school, residency, and fellowship programs.
- Content is organized and written according to the ACGME-mandated Core Competencies making the information timely and useful.
- Guidelines that apply across the medical education spectrum allow you to implement the book’s methods in any educational situation.
- The authors’ suggested techniques and approaches to all aspects of medical education let you translate theory into practice.
- Includes a DVD with video case studies of effective (and ineffective) evaluation sessions, highlighting key steps and mistakes to avoid.
- Includes major evaluation methods, including:
- Evaluation forms and rating scales
- Standardized tests and in-training examinations
- Medical record and practice audits
- 360 degree evaluations
- Direct observation by standardized patients and faculty
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.60(h) x 0.50(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >