Ed Horley is a Principal Solutions Architect with a value-added reseller in the San Francisco Bay Area, and has been working in IT for over 15 years. He is actively involved in IPv6, serving as the co-chair of the California IPv6 Task Force, and has been blogging and speaking at conferences worldwide about IPv6 since 2005. He has been a Microsoft MVP awardee since 2004. Delusionally, he thinks he stays in shape by reffing Women s Lacrosse games. He tries to post regular IPv6 and Windows information on his website at http://www.howfunky.com/. He can be found and reached on Twitter as @ehorley.
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administratorsby Edward Horley
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is a handy guide to implementing IPv6 in a Microsoft Windows environment. This is the book you need if you are a Microsoft Windows Administrator confronted with IPv6 and in need of a quick resource to get up and going. The book covers the current state of IPv6 and its support in Microsoft Windows. It provides/em>
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is a handy guide to implementing IPv6 in a Microsoft Windows environment. This is the book you need if you are a Microsoft Windows Administrator confronted with IPv6 and in need of a quick resource to get up and going. The book covers the current state of IPv6 and its support in Microsoft Windows. It provides best-practices and other guidance toward successful implementation.
This book is especially written with the goal of translating your current expertise in IPv4 into the new realm of IPv6. Special attention is given to dual-stack configurations, helping you to run IPv4 and IPv6 side-by-side and support both protocol versions during a transition period.
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is also a fast reference you can look at to get something done quickly. It covers IPv6 addressing, management of IPv6 from Powershell, Advanced Firewall configuration, and use of IPv6 in Hyper-V and virtual networking environments. You'll find practical examples showing how IPv6 integrates with all the standard tools you use for IPv4 today, tools like DNS and DHCP. You'll also find insider knowledge on IPv6 that can help avert stumbling points on the road to deployment.
- Provides a quick path from IPv4 expertise to IPv6 implementation
- Gives best-practices specific to Windows on IPv6 and dual stack networks
- Is chock full of practical examples showing how to manage IPv6 on Windows
What you’ll learn
- Understand IPv6 addressingand how it works in Windows
- Implement best practices involving IPv6 for Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint
- Manage IPv6 from PowerShell and the Windows Advanced Firewall
- Deploy IPv6 from virtual networking environments such as in Hyper-V
- Integrate IPv6 into Windows Server functions such as DNS, DHC, and Active Directory
- Take advantage of IPv6 transition technologies that are supported in Windows
Who this book is for
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is ideal for those working with Microsoft Windows operating systems who need to implement IPv6.The book isis designed for Microsoft Windows Administrators, but is also useful for developers, network engineers, and storage administrators who are involved in the architecture of Windows solutions.
Table of Contents
- IPv6: The Big Picture
- IPv6 Support in Windows
- IPv6 Addressing
- IPv6 Best Practices in Windows
- IPv6 and PowerShell
- IPv6 and Advanced Firewall
- IPv6 in Hyper-V and Virtual Networking
- IPv6 and DNS
- IPv6 and DHCP
- Miscellaneous IPv6 Items
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.55(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews