Bruce Lansky has edited a number of poetry anthologies (including Rolling in the Aisles, Kids Pick the Funniest Poems, If Kids Ruled the School, A Bad Case of the Giggles, Miles of Smiles, and No More Homework! No More Tests!), and 3 silly songbook anthologies. Lansky created the popular GigglePoetry.com website for children and the PoetryTeachers.com website for teachers. He also created the Girls to the Rescue series, the New Fangled Fairy Tales series, and the Can You Solve the Mysteries series.
Practical Parenting Tips: Over 1500 Helpful Hints for the First Five Yearsby Vicki Lansky
- Childproofing: Keep a rubber band around the toilet tissue roll to prevent waste and clogged toilets due to "flushing fascination." Drape a towel over the top of the bathroom door to keep children from shutting it tightly and locking
Here are just a few of the ideas in this book that parents have actually used to make life with young children easier:
- Childproofing: Keep a rubber band around the toilet tissue roll to prevent waste and clogged toilets due to "flushing fascination." Drape a towel over the top of the bathroom door to keep children from shutting it tightly and locking themselves in.
- Tantrums: Listen. Acknowledge the source of frustration. Whisper in your child's ear. The screaming may stop or turn into a giggle. Disappear into another room. You'll feel better and the tantrum will lose steam.
- Hair care: Sit your child in a high chair to prevent "wandering." Spread a newspaper underneath. Remove gum from hair with peanut butter. Work it into the hair and then comb out both gum and peanut butter.
- MJF Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.84(w) x 8.30(h) x 0.77(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I bought a copy of this book for myself many years ago before it was revised. I found it to be loaded with excellent suggestions on being a practical and frugal parent. Raising children doesn't have to be SO expensive, as you will find in these pages. I have given this book at baby showers, and it is always read and appreciated. You won't go wrong with this book you'll pick it up again and again.