About the Editors.
About the Contributors.
Introduction (Graham Davies and Mark Kebbell).
1. Interviewing Victims of Crime, Including Children and People with Intellectual Disabilities (Becky Milne and Ray Bull).
2. Procedural Recommendations to Increase the Reliability of Eyewitness Identifications (Jennifer Beaudry, Rod Lindsay and Paul Dupuis).
3. Investigating Criminal Cases of Delayed Reports of Sexual Abuse (Laurence Alison and Mark Kebbell).
4. Psychological Characteristics of Offenders (Kevin Howells and Jacqueline Stacey).
5. Detecting Deception (Aldert Vrij).
6. Improving the Interviewing of Suspected Offenders (Mark Kebbell and Emily Hurren).
7. Strategies for Preventing False Confessions and Their Consequences (Deborah Davis and Richard Leo).
8. Offender Profiling: Limits and Potential (Laurence Alison and Mark Kebbell).
9. Deciding to Prosecute (Elizabeth Gilchrist).
10. Preventing Withdrawal of Complaints and Psychological Support for Victims (Graham Davies and Helen Westcott).
11. Communicating Risk to the Court (Don Grubin).
12. Future Directions for Applying Psychology to Forensic Investigations and Prosecutions (Mark Kebbell and Graham Davies).