Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approachby Kevin O. Leslie, Mark R. Wick
Pub. Date: 09/08/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Emphasizing practical diagnostic problem solving, this new book provides accessible, comprehensive guidance on the recognition and interpretation of neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung disorders. Contains 1,360 illustrations (1,200 in full color) vividly depict a full range of pulmonary histologic and cytologic findings. These images are accompanied by relevant… See more details below
Emphasizing practical diagnostic problem solving, this new book provides accessible, comprehensive guidance on the recognition and interpretation of neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung disorders. Contains 1,360 illustrations (1,200 in full color) vividly depict a full range of pulmonary histologic and cytologic findings. These images are accompanied by relevant clinical and radiographic information, as well as a wealth of practical tips and advice from internationally respected experts. A user-friendly format makes information easy to find.
• Offers comprehensive, "one-stop" coverage of both common and rare lung diseases and disorders.
• Uses a consistent approach to present the key information on each disease and disorder: etiology · pathogenesis · clinical features · pathologic features · and differential diagnosis.
• Delivers practical advice and tips from world recognized experts, including many time-saving diagnostic clues for interpreting difficult specimens
• Incorporates clinical background information and ancillary radiographs throughout, equipping readers to make a complete and accurate pathologic report.
• Features many summary tables, charts, and graphs to simplify reference and to facilitate "at-a-glance" comparison between entities.
• Bonus CD-Rom image bank with more than 1,340 illustrations of all gross photographs, line drawings, tables and diagnostic images ideal for PowerPoint presentations, lectures.
With 24 additional contributing experts
Table of Contents
1. Lung Anatomy
2. Optimal Processing of Diagnostic Lung Specimens
3. Basic Pulmonary Radiology
4. Developmental and Pediatric Lung Disease
5. Acute Lung Injury
6. Lung Infections
7. Chronic Diffuse Lung Diseases
8. Pathology of the Large and Small Airways
10. Pulmonary Vasculitis and Pulmonary Hemorrhage
11. Pulmonary Hypertension
12. Pathology of Lung Transplantation
13. Neuroendocrine Neoplasms of the Lung
14. Sarcomas and Sarcomatoid Neoplasms of the Lungs and Pleural Surfaces
15. Hematolymphoid Proliferations Involving the Lung
16. Non-Neuroendricine Carcinomas (excluding “sarcomatoid carcinoma) and Salivary Gland Analogue Tumors of the Lung
17. Metastatic Tumors in the Lung: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis
18. Pseudoneoplastic Lesions of the Lungs and Pleural Surfaces
19. Benign and Borderline Tumors of the Lungs and Pleura
20. Malignant and Boarderline Mesothelial Tumors of the Pleura
Appendix: Miscellaneous Distinctive Histopathologic Findings
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >