Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approachby Kevin O. Leslie, Mark R. Wick
With its award-winning, innovative approach, the new edition of Practical Pulmonary Pathology, by Kevin O. Leslie, MD and Mark R. Wick, MD, provides comprehensive, practical guidance in the accurate identification and interpretation of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs. Lavishly illustrated in full color throughout, this "one-stop" resource
With its award-winning, innovative approach, the new edition of Practical Pulmonary Pathology, by Kevin O. Leslie, MD and Mark R. Wick, MD, provides comprehensive, practical guidance in the accurate identification and interpretation of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs. Lavishly illustrated in full color throughout, this "one-stop" resource captures key morphologic patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions and assists in the interpretation of complex diagnostic puzzles. An easily accessible format with a unique "visual index" places in-depth diagnostic guidance quickly at your fingertips—in print or online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Accurately identify all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs with this comprehensive, "one-stop" resource whose last edition was named "Medical Textbook of the Year" by the Royal Society of Medicine/Society of Authors in 2005.
- Easily Grasp important concepts thanks to a consistent presentation of key information on each disease and disorder: etiology • pathogenesis • clinical features • pathologic features • differential diagnosis.
- Apply practical advice and tips from world-recognized experts, including many time-saving diagnostic clues for interpreting difficult specimens.
- Improve the accuracy and completeness of your pathology reports with relevant clinical background information and ancillary radiographs, summary tables, charts, and graphs to simplify reference and to facilitate "at-a-glance" comparison between entities.
- Use pattern recognition to interpret complex diagnostic puzzles with assistance from key morphologic patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions.
- Get answers fast! A unique "visual index" directs you to the exact chapters and specific pages you need for in-depth diagnostic guidance.
- Stay current with a new chapter on pulmonary CT patterns written by two world-renowned thoracic radiologists; the latest lung cancer staging scheme in reference to therapy with biological agents; new concepts in bronchioloalveolar carcinoma diagnosis; an expanded discussion of neoplasms of the lung and pleura, with inclusion of recently-described entities; and many other timely updates.
- Access the fully searchable text anywhere, anytime at expertconsult.com, along with references, downloadable images, and self-assessment modules at the end of each chapter.
Good value for any department, whether teaching hospital or general, I foresee this book becoming a stalwart for trainees and consultants as a versatile bench book.
ACP News, Association of Clinical Pathologists - Summer 2005
Description: This is a comprehensive, practical guidebook to the recognition and interpretation of neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung pathology.
Purpose: The purpose is to provide a disease-based textbook for lung pathology with a pattern-recognition approach.
Audience: The book is targeted mostly at diagnostic pathologists. In addition to practicing pathologists and pathology residents and fellows, clinicians and radiologists who deal with lung diseases on a daily basis would also benefit from this book.
Features: It starts with a unique "virtual index" using a pattern-based approach and a list of diseases that fall into each of the six proposed patterns. The introductory chapters deal with lung anatomy, optimal processing of diagnostic lung specimens and basic pulmonary radiology. These chapters are followed by an additional 17 chapters on specific diseases. A "virtual encyclopedia" at the end of the book features images of distinctive findings and artifacts for unusual patterns. The presentation is consistent in this multiauthored book, following the sequence of clinical findings, pathologic findings, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. Summary tables and radiographic images are of particular use in this book. A few inevitable typos and occasional blurry pictures are the only minor shortcomings.
Assessment: This book uses a practical problem-solving approach to help pathologists diagnose non-neoplastic and neoplastic lung disorders more accurately and efficiently. It is the best textbook of lung pathology currently available on the market.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >