Practical Research: Planning and Designing / Edition 6by Paul D. Leedy, Peggy A. Ertmer, Timothy J. Newby
Pub. Date: 11/28/1996
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Practical Research, Sixth Edition, is a comprehensive and practical guide to research methodology. It was not written for any specific course or discipline but is an across curriculum text for a wide range of academic disciplines. This book is appropriate for hundreds of courses at both the graduate and undergraduate level where an understanding of the research process is required.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.25(w) x 10.84(h) x 0.49(d)
Table of ContentsI. THE FUNDAMENTALS.
1. What Is Research?
2. Tools of Research.
II. FOCUSING YOUR RESEARCH EFFORTS.
3. The Problem: The Heart of the Research Process.
4. Review of the Related Literature.
5. Planning Your Research Design.
6. Writing the Research Proposal.
III. QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES.
7. Qualitative Research.
8. Historical Research.
IV. QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES.
9. Descriptive Research.
10. Experimental and Causal--Comparative Designs.
11. Statistical Techniques for Analyzing Quantitative Data.
V. PREPARING THE RESEARCH REPORT.
12. Technical Details: Style, Format, and Organization of the Research Report.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I don't know why they can't make this book work on ereaders! Nook Study is totally worthless and difficult to use. The navigation is awful. Don't waste your money on the eTextbook.
Practical Research (Leedy & Ormrod) is an exceptionally well-written introduction to research methods. It is written very clearly, provides a series of examples, and highlights good practices for beginning researchers. Doctoral Student 2/15/2014
This book provides practical advice for creating a research project. It provides step by step instructions and useful suggestions for conducting research.