- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Savannah, GA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The subject of the zone system is now very much in the mainstream among amateur as well as professional photographers. This newly revised edition of a photography classic teaches photographers how to recognize the zones both on the print and in the field or studio, to pre-visualize their photograph and expose accordingly, to access their prints and negatives for contrast, and to test equipment for reliable results.
This book has been updated to include information on the latest developers and films. New illustrations have been added to reflect the most contemporary photographic styles, and information on digital imaging supplied in the second edition has been expanded into a new chapter.
The practical approach of this book, with its numerous time-saving development and film charts and easy-to-follow testing methods, is an important resource for the beginning, large-format, 35mm, and professional photographer.
Audience: Amateur and professional art photographers, students in b/w photo courses.
"Will it Come Out" (An Introduction)
• Print Quality and Negative Contrast
• The Control of Negative Contrast
• The Zone
• An Overview of the Zone System
• Zone System Testing: Method 1
• Zone System Testing: Method 2
• Films, Developers, and Processing
• Alternative Methods for Extreme Expansion and Contraction Development
• Contrast Control with Paper Grades
• Developer Dilution
• Compensating Developers
• Condenser and Diffusion Enlargers
• ASA Numbers
• Filter Factors, the Reciprocity Effect, and Bellows Extension Factors
• Compensation Methods for Inaccurate Meters
• Inspection Development
• Exposure Record and Checklist for Zone System Testing
• Sources for Zone System-Related Products and Books
• A Brief Directory of On-Line Photography- Related Resources
• A Primer on Basic Photography
• A Brief Glossary of Zone System Terminology