Practice Makes Perfect Statistics / Edition 1by Sandra McCune
Pub. Date: 06/21/2010
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
About the Book
Established as a successful practical workbook series with over 20 titles in the language learning/b>
A no-nonsense practical guide to statistics, providing concise summaries, clear model examples, and plenty of practice, making this workbook the ideal complement to class study or self-study, preparation for exams or a brush-up on rusty skills.
About the Book
Established as a successful practical workbook series with over 20 titles in the language learning category, Practice Makes Perfect now provides the same clear, concise approach and extensive exercises to key fields within mathematics.
The key to the Practice Makes Perfect series is the extensive exercises that provide learners with all the practice they need for mastery.
- Not focused on any particular test or exam, but complementary to most statistics curricula
- Deliberately all-encompassing approach: international perspective and balance between traditional and newer approaches.
- Large trim allows clear presentation of worked problems, exercises, and explained answers.
- No-nonsense approach: provides clear presentation of content.
- Over 500 exercises and answers covering all aspects of statistics
- Successful series: "Practice Makes Perfect" has sales of 1,000,000 copies in the language category – now applied to mathematics
- Workbook is not exam specific, yet it provides thorough coverage of the statistics skills required in most math tests.
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Part I. Descriptive Statistics;
Chapter 1. Classification of Data;
Chapter 2. Graphical Representation of Data;
Chapter 3. Measures of Central Tendency;
Chapter 4. Measures of Variability;
Chapter 5. Measures of Relative Position;
Part II. Fundamentals of Classical Probability;
Chapter 6. Counting Techniques;
Chapter 7. Basic Probability Concepts;
Part III. The Binomial and Normal Distributions;
Chapter 8. The Binomial Distribution;
Chapter 9. The Normal Distribution;
Part IV Inferential Statistics
Chapter 10. Estimation;
Chapter 11. Hypothesis Testing;
Chapter 12. Correlation;
Appendix: Binomial Table;
Appendix: Normal Table
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews