- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
As an edited text, Practicing Multiculturalism facilitates effective multicultural practice by helping readers internalize the principles of multiculturalism. The book's focus on the internalization of multicultural principles is aided through discussion of 1) emotional reactions in multicultural scenarios, 2) values and assumptions, and 3) power, privilege, and contextual factors that impact multicultural practice.
Unique content includes chapters on the following...
I. OVERVIEW: UNDERSTANDING MULTICULTURAL CONTEXTS.
1. Practicing Multiculturalism: An Introduction, Timothy B. Smith, P. Scott Richards, Mac Granley, & Festus Obiakor.
2. The Multicultural Context of Mental Health, Paul B. Pedersen.
II. MULTICULTURAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT.
3. Awareness and Identity: Foundations of Multicultural Practice, Chalmer E. Thompson.
4. Intercultural Communication Contexts as Mindful Human Achievements, Billy Vaughn.
5. Working from Within: Contextual Mental Health and Organizational Competence, Patricia Arrendondo.
6. A Contextual Approach to Assessment, Timothy B. Smith.
III. CONSIDERATIONS FOR MULTICULTURAL PRACTICE WITH SPECIFIC POPULATIONS.
7. Effective Interventions with Children of Color and Their Families: A Contextual Developmental Approach, Daisuke Akiba & Cynthia Garcia Coll.
8. Counseling and Psychology with African American Clients, Leonie J. Brooks, Deborah G. Haskins, & Judith V. Kehe.
9. Counseling and Psychotherapy with Latino/Latina Clients, Alberta M. Gloria, Ester R. Rodriguez, & Elisa M. Castillo.
10. Counseling and Psychotherapy with Asian American Clients, Nolan Zane, Teru Morton, June Chu, & Nancy Lin.
11. Counseling and Psychotherapy with Native American Clients, Aaron P. Jackson & Sherri Turner.
12. Counseling and Psychotherapy with Arab American Clients, Chris D. Erickson & Nada Al-Timimi.
13. Counseling and Psychotherapy for Acculturation and Ethnic Identity Concerns with Immigrant and International Student Clients, Gargi Roysircar.
14. Religious and Spiritual Diversity in Counseling and Psychotherapy, P. Scott Richards, Roger Keller, & Timothy B. Smith.
15. Understanding Classism to Effect Personal Change, William M. Lui & Donald B. Pope-Davis.
16. Understanding of Individuals in Their Context: A Relational Perspective of Multicultural Counseling and Psychotherapy, Timothy B. Smith & Matthew Draper.
Posted March 23, 2009