Read an Excerpt
Give control back to God and get back to what you enjoy most–loving your teen. Parenting teenagers isn’t easy. No matter how much we love our kids and want to protect them, we cannot control them or their circumstances. But God is in control, and– particularly when we trust him–he can take care of our kids far better than we ever could.
So what else can we do? We can pray. In fact, prayer should be our first response–because prayer is the most powerful tool at a parent’s disposal. That is what this book is about: releasing our teens to God’s control, learning to pray specifically and with confidence for their every need, and recovering the sense of humor that will help us face the situations that now cause us so much stress. This book includes:
• lighthearted stories designed to help take the edge off of parenting your teenager
• valuable insights on more than twenty areas of conflict you are likely to experience with your teen–from language, grades, and clothing to drugs, drinking, and smoking
• specific prayer strategies to help you make a difference in your teen’s life
• perspectives on the “hot” issues, from real teens
• what the Bible has to say on each subject
• tips from parenting experts
• specific prayers to get you started
• discussion starters to help open up dialogue with your teen
Whether parents have never prayed for their teens, have prayed sporadically, or have prayed every day, now is the time to pray even more and in whole new ways–and Prayer Changes Teens will show them how.
Author Biography: Janet Holm McHenry loves speaking at churches, on radio programs, and with other groups about prayer. A high school English, journalism, and creative writing teacher, she is the leader of a local prayerwalk ministry and a group of parents who pray for their teens. She is also the author of hundreds of articles and sixteen books, including PrayerWalk, Daily PrayerWalk, and several mysteries for youth. She lives in Loyalton, California. Janet’s website is