This fifth edition of Precalculus Mathematics has been written to provide the essential concepts and skills of algebra, trigonometry, and the study of functions that are needed for further study in mathematics.
1. Fundamentals of Algebra.
2. Linear and Quadratic Functions with Applications.
3. Polynomial and Rational Functions.
4. Circles, Additional Curves, and the Algebra of Functions.
5. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
6. The Trigonometric Functions.
7. Right Angle Trigonometry, Identities, and Equations.
8. Additional Applications of Trigonometry.
9. Linear Systems, Matrices and Determinants.
10. The Conic Sections.
11. Sequences and Series.
12. Permutations, Combinations, Probability.
Selected Tables and Answers.