The Pregnancy Book: A Month-by-Month Guideby William Sears, Martha Sears, Linda HUghey Holt
America's foremost baby and childcare experts tell you what to expect, month by month, from conception through birth In this uniquely authoritative and comprehensive guide, Dr. Bill and Martha Sears, the pediatrics specialists whose books on birth, babies, and parenting have become widely praised bestsellers, team up with one of America's leading obstetricians. The… See more details below
America's foremost baby and childcare experts tell you what to expect, month by month, from conception through birth In this uniquely authoritative and comprehensive guide, Dr. Bill and Martha Sears, the pediatrics specialists whose books on birth, babies, and parenting have become widely praised bestsellers, team up with one of America's leading obstetricians. The result: the definitive book on pregnancy for expectant parents today. The Pregnancy Book explains what is occurring in the womb step by step, so that you can better appreciate why your body behaves the way it does and why you feel the way you do. The topics covered include:
• how your baby is growing, as well as how you may be changing, both physically and emotionally
• concerns and questions you may have about tests and technology, genetic counseling, childbirth options, and bonding with your preborn baby
• essential information on eating right for two
• how to protect the womb environment and recognize potential household hazards
• advice on working while pregnant-from informing your boss to dressing for the job
• exercising and keeping fit during your pregnancy
• selecting a childbirth class
• helpful tips on everything from traveling while pregnant to overcoming morning sickness
• and much more With a detailed special section on labor and delivery, a glossary of obstetrical terms, and a chapter covering "the tenth month"-postpartum-The Pregnancy Book is an unrivaled source of information, counsel, and comfort for every prospective parent.
- Little, Brown and Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.12(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I cannot wait to finally receive my order. The shipping is very slow. I never waited for so long to receive an order I placed online and I have been extensively shopping online for the last seven years. Especially with the book of such a nature, you want the delivery to be fast. If I could reverse back time, I would not have placed an order since even if the item arrived at this point of time, I won't need it as much as I needed it when placing my order.
This book was my companion during my pregnancy and what a blessing it was! Easy to read but meaningful, intelligent. Helped me in so many ways to understand the process, my feelings, changes, all. I buy a copy for my friends as soon as I find out they are pregnant. Is that good.
I loved this book. It helped me through 2 pregnancies. I am now buying it for my sister.
This book is perfect to look through during your entire pregnancy. It has information on almost all of the issues that you will face, and its reassuring to know that the symptoms you are feeling are normal and nice to have ideas about how to handle them. It's also great to help you understand what's happening to the baby, not just to you.
THIS IS A GREAT BOOK. IT EXPLAINDS EVERYTHING YOU WOULD WANT TO KNOW FROM MONTH TO MONTH ON YOUR PREGNANCY.
This book is full of information about being pregnant, changes to the mom and growing baby, and simple every day things you might or might not think about but are happy to know. Throughout the book, comments appear from an expectant mother. I found these to be reassuring since I often shared her thoughts and concerns. The Pregnancy Book is one of the most personal, one-on-one pregnancy books I've read. It treats pregnancy as the most wonderful experience in your life and imparts large quantities of information in a comprehensive yet friendly and easy-to-understand manner. If you are looking for a book that will give you honest insight into what the life of an expectant couple is like, I also recommend We're Pregnant! by Cindy and Eugene Kappler. These two books together will give you a true idea of what to expect during the pregnancy.