- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A major revision to the definitive guide to conducting premarital counseling.
Following the success of the first two editions of this book, the authors updated their indispensable guide on the process and content of premarital counseling. In this revised edition, they have added important information about issues in the forefront today: remarriage, the blended or step-family, intergroup marriages, and 'younger' and "older" couples. The book is filled with practical and effective hands-on questionnaires and instruments that have been newly revised and widely tested by the authors. The book is written to meet the needs of a range of professionals including clergy, clinicians in social work, psychology, counseling, and marriage and family therapy.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Developments in Premarital and Remarital Counseling.
2. Why Marry in the First Place, and Why e Marry Again.
THE COUNSELING PROCESS.
3. Foundations and Goals of Premarital and Remarital Counseling.
4. Conjoint Counseling and the Dynamic Relationship History.
5. Exploring the Family of Origin and Previous Relationships.
6. Premarital and Remarital Counseling Inventories.
7. Remarriage and Stepparenting.
8. Group Counseling.
9. Communication, Values, Decision Making, and Finances.
10. Intimacy and Sexuality.
11. Special Situations: Very Young and Older First Marriages. Forced Marriages, Conflicted Relationships.