Preparing for Graduate Study in Psychology: 101 Questions and Answers / Edition 2by William Buskist, Caroline Burke
The second edition of this highly successful book answers the “how to” questions that students always ask when applying for graduate study and helps students make informed and intelligent choices at critical points in the process. Each of the eight chapters features a series of specific questions and detailed answers about key elements of the… See more details below
The second edition of this highly successful book answers the “how to” questions that students always ask when applying for graduate study and helps students make informed and intelligent choices at critical points in the process. Each of the eight chapters features a series of specific questions and detailed answers about key elements of the application process – from getting started, choosing a program, taking the GRE and applying, to making a good impression at the interview and surviving the first year. Additional practical tools provided in the Appendices and elsewhere include:
- a timetable for completing study preparation
- descriptions of the different concentrations of psychology in graduate school
- a glossary of graduate school jargon
- outlines for preparing a vita and sample vita
- three sample letters of intent
This is a resource devoted to important, commonly asked questions and concise, honest answers that bring students up to speed on the process of applying for graduate study.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.08(h) x 0.34(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The Big Picture.
2. Getting Started: Preparing for the Big Change.
3. Choosing a Program: Navigating Your Way through the Maze.
4. The GRE: The Test.
5. The Application Process: Doing the Paperwork.
6. The Interview: How to Make the Right Impression.
7. Getting in or Not Getting in: Reality Strikes.
8. The First Year: Thriving, Surviving, and Other Essentials.
Suggested Additional Sources of Information.
Glossary and Index.
Appendix I: Timetable for Graduate Study Preparation.
Appendix II: General Concentrations of Psychology in Graduate School.
Appendix III: Outline for the Vita and Sample Vita.
Appendix IV: Sample Letters of Intent
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >