Presidential Dollars Collector's Albumby Barnes & Noble
Each coin features a former commander in chief on the obverse and a striking portrait of the Statue of Liberty
Launched by the United States Mint in 2007, Presidential Dollar Coins celebrate the lives and accomplishments of our former chief executives. As with the popular 50 State Quarters Program, the Mint is systematically issuing coin designs from now until 2016.
Each coin features a former commander in chief on the obverse and a striking portrait of the Statue of Liberty on the reverse. Every president will be honored with a single coin, regardless of the number of consecutive terms he served, except for Grover Cleveland, the only U.S. president to serve nonconsecutive terms, who will be honored on two coins. No living president will be honored on a coin.
Dollar coins commemorating Presidents George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison were released in 2007, with four additional coins released every year thereafter.
This special collector's album contains:
- Sturdy, four-panel coin folder
- Two slots per president to accommodate coins minted at Philadelphia and Denver
- Full-color interior design
- Details about each president, featuring presidential portrait or photograph, along with official date of coin issue, political party, term(s) served, and vice president(s)
- Additional information about other presidential coins, from the Lincoln penny to the Kennedy half-dollar
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.65(w) x 17.10(h) x 0.75(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews