Peggy Emch is a Denver based health writer and author of the wildly popular Paleo nutrition and lifestyle blog, The Primal Parent. She received degrees in mathematics and philosophy from the University of Colorado and brings her logical reasoning skills into her nutrition-related research. She is the mother of two beautiful daughters. Her family enjoys bike riding, snowboarding, and playing music together.
Primal Moms Look Good Naked: A Mother's Guide to Achieving Beauty through Excellent Healthby Peggy Emch
Supported by scientific research,
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
In Primal Moms Look Good Naked, Peggy Emch challenges conventional pregnancy wisdom - that the fate of pregnant women and new mothers is ugly and undesirable - and explains how eating the foods we were designed to eat can reduce or even eliminate most of the embarrassing signs new mothers go to extremes to cover up.
Supported by scientific research, observational accounts of traditional peoples, and her own journey into vibrant health, Emch explains how a beautiful pregnant body is a reflection of the mother's and baby's good health. Each chapter focuses on a different common pregnancy complaint, identifies causes, and details ways to prevent and repair them. Some of the topics include:
- Stretch Marks
- Varicose and Spider Veins
- Diastasis Recti
- Flabby Belly
- Skin Problems
Emch incorporates her years of experience and research into a practical plan for achieving and maintaining excellent physical health and, consequently, good looks throughout pregnancy. In Primal Moms Look Good Naked, Emch reveals:
- How a Paleolithic diet can heal skin tone, color, and texture
- How pregnancy cravings and trips to the snack isle in the middle of the night are not normal symptoms of pregnancy
- How stretch marks and cellulite are signs of dietary insufficiencies
- How the junk we eat and the healthy food we don't affects not only our bodies, but also the bodies of our babies
- How just a little bit of weight bearing exercise each week can transform our aging bodies into beautiful, youthful ones
Primal Moms Look Good Naked is a complete guide for women seeking a healthy pregnancy and baby. It includes information on fertility, what to eat on a Paleo diet, specific foods for specific problems, and an exercise program suitable for women of all athletic abilities.
- Victory Belt Publishing, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 4 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >