Primary Care Geriatrics: A Case-Based Approach / Edition 3by Richard J. Ham
Designed for anyone involved in treating geriatric patients, this New Edition continues to be the best comprehensive source for clinical solutions for the challenging geriatric population. Inside, you'll find a wealth of information on the principles of geriatric primary care...detailed, case-based approaches to major geriatric syndromes...and presentations of common… See more details below
Designed for anyone involved in treating geriatric patients, this New Edition continues to be the best comprehensive source for clinical solutions for the challenging geriatric population. Inside, you'll find a wealth of information on the principles of geriatric primary care...detailed, case-based approaches to major geriatric syndromes...and presentations of common conditions and situations. What's more, the 5th Edition now includes evidence-based medicine that helps you form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible and a BONUS CD-ROM containing supplemental materials.
- Incorporates engaging case studies throughout to illustrate all of the principles and key clinical information you need to treat your geriatric patients as well as their families.
- Features a two-color layout that highlights the most important information.
- Provides evidence-based medicine wherever possible, giving you the most authoritative information on diagnosis, treatment, and management options.
- Features an interdisciplinary perspective that reflects the field's increasingly team-oriented approach to geriatric care.
- Includes a bonus CD-ROM containing additional color images, assessment tools, and review questions that help you hone your knowledge.
- Presents USMLE-style questions in every chapter for quick review before clinical cases.
- Uses a consistent format from chapter to chapter that lets you access the information you need fast.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
|Introduction: How To Use This Book|
|4||Illness and Aging||28|
|6||The Health Care System||70|
|8||Health Maintenance and Promotion||94|
|17||Confusion, Dementia, and Delirium||217|
|18||Depression and Failure to Thrive||260|
|19||Dysmobility and Immobility||278|
|21||Falls and Falling||311|
|31||The Mouth and Teeth||405|
|42||Congestive Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias||499|
|43||Myocardial Infarction and Angina||507|
|44||Peripheral Vascular Disease||513|
|47||Lower Respiratory Infections||538|
|48||Urinary Tract Infections||553|
|49||The Acute Abdomen||560|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >