Primary Care of the Child With a Chronic Condition / Edition 5by Patricia Jackson Allen, Judith A. Vessey, Naomi Schapiro
Pub. Date: 06/25/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Written by nurse practitioners for nurse practitioners, this one-of-a-kind resource provides the expert guidance you need to provide comprehensive primary care to children with special needs and their families. It addresses specific conditions that require alterations in standard primary care and offers practical advice on managing the major issues common to
Written by nurse practitioners for nurse practitioners, this one-of-a-kind resource provides the expert guidance you need to provide comprehensive primary care to children with special needs and their families. It addresses specific conditions that require alterations in standard primary care and offers practical advice on managing the major issues common to children with chronic conditions. A consistent format makes it easy to locate essential information on each condition. Plus, valuable resources help you manage the issues and gaps in health care coverage that may hinder quality care.
• This is the only book authored by Nurse Practitioners that focuses on managing the primary health care needs of children with chronic conditions.
• More than 60 expert contributors provide the most current information available on specific conditions.
• Comprehensive summary boxes at the end of all chronic conditions chapters provide at-a-glance access to key information.
• Resource lists at the end of each chronic condition chapter direct you to helpful websites, national organizations, and additional sources of information that you can share with parents and families.
• Updated references ensure you have access to the most current, evidence-based coverage of the latest research findings and management protocols.
• Four new chapters Celiac Disease, Eating Disorders, Muscular Dystrophy, and Obesity keep you up to date with the latest developments in treating these conditions.
• Autism content is updated with the latest research on autism spectrum disorders, including current methods of evaluation, identification, and management.
• Coverage of systems of care features new information on how to help families obtain high-quality and cost-effective coordinated services within our complex health care system.
• Easy-to-find boxes in the chronic conditions chapters summarize important information on treatment, associated problems, clinical manifestations, and differential diagnosis.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
Part One: Concepts in Primary Pediatric Care
1. The Primary Care Provider and Children with Chronic Conditions
2. Chronic Conditions and Child Development
3. School and the Child with a Chronic Condition
4. Transitions to Adulthood
5. Chronic Conditions and the Family
6. Family Culture and Chronic Conditions
7. Ethics and the Child with a Chronic Condition
8. Financing Health Care for Children with Chronic Conditions
9. Systems of Care for Children with Chronic Conditions
Part Two: Chronic Conditions
12. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
14. Bleeding Disorders
15. Bone Marrow Transplantation
17. Celiac DiseaseNEW!
18. Cerebral Palsy
19. Cleft Lip and Palate
20. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
21. Congenital Heart Disease
22. Cystic Fibrosis
23. Diabetes Mellitus (Types 1 and 2)
24. Down Syndrome
25. Eating DisordersNEW!
27. Fragile X Syndrome
28. HIV Infection and AIDS
30. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
31. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
32. Kidney Disease, Chronic
33. Mood Disorders
34. Muscular DystrophyNEW!
37. Organ Transplantation
40. Sickle Cell Disease
41. Tourette Syndrome and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
42. Traumatic Brain Injury
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >