Primary Care: A Collaborative Practiceby Terry Mahan Buttaro, JoAnn Trybulski, Patricia Polgar-Bailey, Joanne Sandberg-Cook
Prepare for success in today's fast-paced, collaborative healthcare environment! Offering expert perspectives from a variety of primary care and nurse practitioners, Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 5th Edition helps you diagnose, treat, and manage hundreds of adult disorders. Care recommendations indicate when to consult/b>/b>/b>/b>/b>
Prepare for success in today's fast-paced, collaborative healthcare environment! Offering expert perspectives from a variety of primary care and nurse practitioners, Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 5th Edition helps you diagnose, treat, and manage hundreds of adult disorders. Care recommendations indicate when to consult with physicians or specialists, and when to refer patients to an emergency facility. This edition includes six new chapters, a fresh new design, the latest evidence-based guidelines, and a new emphasis on clinical reasoning. Combining academic and clinical expertise, an author team led by Terry Mahan Buttaro shows NPs how to provide effective, truly interdisciplinary health care.
- UNIQUE! A collaborative perspective promotes seamless continuity of care, with chapters written by NPs, physicians, PAs, and other primary care providers.
- Comprehensive, evidence-based content covers every major disorder of adults seen in the outpatient office setting, reflects today's best practices, and includes the knowledge you need for the NP/DNP level of practice.
- A consistent format in each chapter is used to describe disorders, facilitating easier learning and quick clinical reference.
- Diagnostics and Differential Diagnosis boxes provide a quick reference for diagnosing disorders and making care management decisions.
- Complementary and alternative therapies are addressed where supported by solid research evidence.
- Referral icons highlight situations calling for specialist referral or emergency referral.
- NEW chapters cover topics including transitional care, risk management, LGBTQ patient care, bullous pemphigoid, pulmonary embolism, and dysphagia.
- NEW! An emphasis on clinical reasoning helps you develop skills in diagnosis and treatment, with coverage moving away from pathophysiology and toward diagnostic reasoning and disease management — including pharmacologic management.
- NEW focus on interdisciplinary care underscores the importance of interprofessional education and practice, and includes Interdisciplinary Management features.
- UPDATED chapters reflect the latest literature and evidence-based treatment guidelines, including new content on the Affordable Care Act as well as new coverage of patient satisfaction metrics, quality metrics, value-based purchasing, pharmacogenetics/genomics, and teen pregnancy and abnormal pregnancy.
- NEW quick-reference features make it easier to locate important information, through colorful section tabs, bulleted summaries, additional algorithms, a more logical table of contents, an Index to Standardized Treatment Guidelines, and a Reference to Common Laboratory Values.
Description: This is the third edition of an evidence-based, clinical practice book. The first edition focused on collaboration as the hallmark for healthcare delivery. The second edition stressed the importance of evidence-based clinical practice. In this edition, the authors add new chapters and evaluate and revise other chapters. The final product is a current, up-to-date book presented from an evidence-based perspective.
Purpose: The purpose of the third edition was to address comments about the previous edition and to insure the accuracy of the information. The authors have clearly met their stated objectives by producing a comprehensive and concise book.
Audience: This is intended as a multidisciplinary resource for learning and practice primary care providers. The contributing authors are diverse and accomplished in the field of primary healthcare.
Features: An exhaustive array of topics is covered. Major topics include primary care from adolescence through adulthood, office emergencies, health maintenance, infectious diseases, and common disorders organized according to body systems. Each chapter is structured with a consistent format. The chapters are organized in a systematic manner with a wide variety of tables and illustrations to clarify information. The index is comprehensive and complete. The front book flap presents the table of contents by disorder. Putting the ICD-9 codes by disorder on the back flap is a nice addition.
Assessment: This is an excellent resource for primary care providers. The information is up to date and supported by the research and it is presented in a clear and organized format. Primary care is continuously changing and as a result, evaluation and revision of books is essential. This third edition is important to maintain the availability of accurate and current primary care information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 29 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
The Nook version of this book is terrible. I only bought it because I didn't want to cart the actual book every where and I didn't want to have to have internet access to use a different version. Wish I had bought that other version now. Oh well. Don't get the Nook version... It's a terrible version that doesn't correspond to the actual text...