A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee: Expert Consultby Tom Minas
Pub. Date: 02/24/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee presents the full range of treatment options for a changing, increasingly younger patient population. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each technique-from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty to the recent developments in tissue biologics-through a step-by-step approach. Surgical… See more details below
A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee presents the full range of treatment options for a changing, increasingly younger patient population. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each technique-from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty to the recent developments in tissue biologics-through a step-by-step approach. Surgical photographs and illustrations and procedural videos online at www.expertconsult.com and on DVD provide detailed guidance. This highly visual, multimedia reference guides you in choosing the best treatment course for each patient.
- Get only the information you need through a technique-focused approach and the consistent style of a single author, Dr. Thomas Minas-a leading specialist in cartilage repair.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with videos.
- Incorporate tissue biologics into your practice and provide your patients with additional options.
- Clearly see the nuances and important points of each technique with surgical photographs and artists’ renderings of key situations in the operating room.
- Select the best treatment course for each patient through extensive coverage of options from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty.
- Master cutting-edge techniques through videos-online and on DVD-that demonstrate each procedure.
Meet the new challenges of cartilage repair with the latest techniques
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
Part 1: Decision Making
Chapter 1: Chondral Injury and Osteoarthritis: The Impact of Articular Cartilage Lesions
Chapter 2: Cartilage Repair and Regeneration
Chapter 3: Imaging: The Basis for a Sound Decision in Joint Preservation
Chapter 4: Patient Evaluation, Cartilage Defect, and Evidence: Putting It All Together
Part 2: Cartilage Repair Surgical Techniques
Chapter 5: Debridement, Microfracture, and Osteochondral Autograft Transfer for Treatment of Cartilage Defects
Chapter 6: Use of Fresh Osteochondral Allograft for Chondral and Osteochondral Defects in the Knee
Chapter 7: Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
Part 3: Surgical Management of Background Factors
Chapter 8: Tibial Osteotomy
Chapter 9: Femoral Varus Osteotomy
Chapter 10: Patellofemoral Malalignment. Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy, and Trochleoplasty
Chapter 11: Treatment of Deep Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions, Avascular Necrosis, and Osteochondral Defects of the Knee Using Autologous Bone Grafting
Chapter 12: Meniscal Allograft Transplantation
Chapter 13: Complex Cases in Cartilage Repair: Tricks and Tips
Chapter 14: Emerging Technologies
Part 4: Early Intervention in Osteoarthritis
Chapter 15: Patellofemoral Arthroplasty
Chapter 16: Patient-Specific Unicompartmental and Bicompartmental Resurfacing Arthroplasty
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >