Primer of Diagnostic Imaging with CD-ROM / Edition 4by Ralph Weissleder, Stephen E. Jones, Jack Wittenberg, Mukesh G. Harisinghani
Pub. Date: 11/21/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The 4th Edition of this text - popularly known as the "purple book" - returns with a comprehensive, up-to-date look at diagnostic imaging, presenting essential facts in an easy-to-read, bulleted format. More than 1,800 images highlight key diagnostic details and encompass the full range of modalities and specialties. A differential diagnosis section is found at the
The 4th Edition of this text - popularly known as the "purple book" - returns with a comprehensive, up-to-date look at diagnostic imaging, presenting essential facts in an easy-to-read, bulleted format. More than 1,800 images highlight key diagnostic details and encompass the full range of modalities and specialties. A differential diagnosis section is found at the end of each chapter, and a differential index facilitates rapid reference. The 4th Edition includes coverage of new technologies, emphasizes clinical technical advances in CT and MRI, and examines the emergence of PET. A CD-ROM - new to this edition - features animations that depict the spatial and temporal complexities of MRI.
• Highlights key diagnostic details for all body systems and encompasses the full range of radiologic modalities and specialties with more than 1,800 images - all in one convenient source.
• Presents key information in an easy-to-read, bulleted format for quick reference.
• Describes important signs, anatomic landmarks, and common radiopathologic alterations.
• Provides extra space for note taking.
• Includes mnemonics and descriptive terminology to enhance recall of key facts, techniques, and images.
• Examines new technologies, including hybrid PET technology and new applications of MRI.
• Covers new techniques in interventional radiology and digital mammography.
• Emphasizes subspecialty clinical technical advances in CT and MR - along with their updated protocols - as well as the emergence of PET.
• Discusses current trends and changes in disease classification and their impact on the interpretation of radiological findings.
• Features the contributions of new editor John W. Chen, who shares his knowledge in MR and neuroradiology.
• Includes a CD-ROM featuring animations that depict the spatial and temporal complexities of MRI.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.04(w) x 9.96(h) x 1.65(d)
Table of Contents
1. Chest Imaging
2. Cardiac Imaging
3. Gastrointestinal Imaging
4. Genitourinary Imaging
5. Musculoskeletal Imaging
6. Neurologic Imaging
7. Head and Neck Imaging
8. Vascular Imaging
9. Breast Imaging
10. Obstetric Imaging
11. Pediatric Imaging
12. Nuclear Imaging
13. Contrast Agents
14. Imaging Physics
PHYSICS OF A SINGLE DIPOLE
2. Dipoles and magnetic fields
3. Rotating Dipole
4. Introduction to Spin Flip
5. 90 Degree Spin Flip
6. 180 Degree Spin Flip
7. Rotating Coordinate System
8. Introduction to Relaxation
PHYSICS OF MULTIPLE DIPOLES
9. Spin-lattice Relaxation (T1)
10. Spin-spin Dephasing & Relaxation (T2)
11. Field Inhomogeneity relaxation (T2*)
12. T1 and T2 Relaxation
13. Spin Echo
14. Gradient Echo
FORMING AN IMAGE
15. Slice Selection
16. Frequency Encoding Concept
17. Phase Encoding Concept
18. Frequency Encoding 1D Example
19. Phase Encoding 1D Example
20. 2D Image Acquisition Example
21. Introduction to k-space
22. Effect of repeated excitations
23. T1 weighting
24. T2 weighting
25. Diffusion weighting
26. Rapid Imaging
27. Small Flip Angle
28. Short Tau Inversion Recovery (STIR)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book isn't full of pictures, which is different from most radiology texts. However, it is packed with information in an organized bullet form. It's great for taking additional notes during lectures, quick referral on call or if getting questioned by attendings for differentials. Definitely better for boards and quick reference rather than a primary text.