- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This manual aims to become the definitive reference work on sedation for all staff involved in administrating sedative agents, including anaesthetists, physicians, radiologists and support staff. The appropriate sedation technique is crucial to the comfort and safety of patients undergoing a wide spectrum of clinical procedures. The general principles of sedative use and protocols for good practice—information that is relevant in all clinical situations—is presented in the first two sections, and the final section looks at sedation and its applications in medicine, surgery and interventional radiology.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
List of Contributors.
Section 1: Principles:.
1. Anxiolysis, Sedation and Anaesthesia.
3. Techniques for Conscious Sedation.
4. Procedural Safety.
5. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
6. Legal Aspects of Surgery and Minimally Invasive Therapy.
Section 2: Practice:.
9. Airways and Bronchoscopy.
11. Accident and Emergency Medicine.
12. Awake Craniotomy.
13. Spinal Surgery.
14. Interventional Radiology.
15.1. The Sedation of Children.
15.2. Paediatric Sedation for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures.
15.3. Sedation for Magnetic Resonance Scanning of Infants and Young Children.
17. Emergency and Diagnostic Procedures in the Critically Ill.
1. Intra-articular, Peritoneal and Pleural Opioids and Local Anaesthetics.
2. Pulse Oximetry.