Principles and Practices of Automatic Process Control / Edition 3by Carlos A. Smith, Armando B. Corripio
Pub. Date: 07/05/2005
A practical guide for understanding and implementing industrial control strategies. Highly practical and applied, this Third Edition of Smith and Corripio's Principles and Practice of Automatic Process Control continues to present all the necessary theory for the successful practice of automatic process control. The authors discuss both introductory and advanced… See more details below
A practical guide for understanding and implementing industrial control strategies. Highly practical and applied, this Third Edition of Smith and Corripio's Principles and Practice of Automatic Process Control continues to present all the necessary theory for the successful practice of automatic process control. The authors discuss both introductory and advanced control strategies, and show how to apply those strategies in industrial examples drawn from their own professional practice. Now revised, this Third Edition features:
• Expanded coverage of the development of dynamic balances (Chapter 3)
• A new chapter on modeling and simulation (Chapter 13)
• More extensive discussion of distributive control systems
• New tuning exercises (Appendix D)
• Guidelines for plant-wide control and two new design case studies (Appendix B)
• New operating case studies (Appendix E)
• Book Website containing simulations to practice the tuning of feedback controllers, cascade controllers, and feedforward controllers, and the MATLAB(r) files for simulation examples and problem With this text, you can:
• Learn the mathematical tools used in the analysis and design of process control systems.
• Gain a complete understanding of the steady state behavior of processes.
• Develop dynamic mathematical process models that will help you in the analysis, design, and operation of control systems.
• Understand how the basic components of control systems work.
• Design and tune feedback controllers.
• Apply a variety of techniques that enhance feedback control, including cascade control, ratio control, override control, selective control, feedforward control, multivariable control, and loop interaction.
• Master the fundamentals of dynamic simulation of process control systems using MATLAB.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
2. Mathematical Tools for Control Systems Analysis.
3. First-Order Dynamic Systems.
4. Higher-Order Dynamic Systems.
5. Basic Components of Control Systems.
6. Design of Single Loop Feedback Control Systems.
7. Tuning of Feedback Controllers.
8. Root Locus and Frequency Response Techniques.
9. Cascade Control.
10. Ratio, Override and Selective Control.
11. Feedforward Control.
12. Multivariable Process Control.
13. Dynamic Simulation of Control Systems.
Appendix A: Instrumentation Symbols and Labels.
Appendix B: Design Case Studies.
Appendix C: Sensors, Transmitters, and Control Valves.
Appendix D: Tuning Case Studies.
Appendxi E: Operating Case Studies.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >