- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From iPads to smart phones to laptops, journalism's days of living solely on the printed page are over.
Principles of Convergent Journalism teaches emerging journalists how to move confidently across media platforms, providing an essential guide to navigating today's complex media landscape.
In addition to learning the basic reporting and interviewing skills needed for all media, students will learn how to repurpose broadcast and print news for the internet and how to incorporate convergent journalism techniques into other emerging media.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* Additional chapters on basic journalism skills, social media's impact on journalism, and the emerging business of convergent journalism
* "Focus on Ethics" boxes that show how real-world events affect convergent journalism practices
* Content has been edited throughout in order to reflect the latest practices and trends in journalism for all media platforms
* A revitalized art program
SUPPORT PACKAGE FOR INSTRUCTORS
The password-protected Companion Website (www.oup.com/us/wilkinson) features PowerPoint-based lecture slides, sample syllabi, and links to supplemental audio and video clips.
SUPPORT PACKAGE FOR STUDENTS
The Appendix on Style contains sixteen pages of review on AP Style, followed by nine quizzes (with an additional nine available to instructors for assessment) that are designed to break the task of learning AP style rules into more manageable sections; this comprehensive guidebook can be packaged for free with Principles of Convergent Journalism, Second Edition (package ISBN 978-0-19-995856-6).
Preface About the Authors
1. Introduction to Convergent Journalism
2. Journalism Basics: Writing, Reporting, Interviewing
3. Convergent Journalism Skills and Roles
4. From Print to Internet: Repurposing Content
5. From Print to Internet: New Types of Content
6. From Broadcast to Internet: Repurposing Content
7. From Broadcast to Internet: New Types of Content
8. Basics of Broadcasting
9. Basics of Print
10. Online News
11. Social Media and Journalism
12. Adding Multimedia to the Web
13. Converging with Other Emerging Media
14. The Business of Convergent Journalism
15. Your Future in Convergent Journalism Glossary Index