Principles of Financial Accounting / Edition 11by Belverd E. Needles, Marian Powers
Pub. Date: 01/12/2010
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Principles of Financial Accounting offers balanced, flexible content supported by an array of truly integrated print and technology supplements. Whether an instructor wants to present a user or procedural orientation, incorporate new instructional strategies, develop students' core skills and competencies, or integrate technology into the classroom, the 2002e edition provides a total solution.
This text intended for use in a single semester or one-quarter course assumes no previous training in accounting or business and is appropriate for both majors and non-majors. Principles of Financial Accounting is designed for financial accounting programs that prefer to start with a sole proprietorship approach and move at a slower pace than a corporate financial accounting course.
- Blackboard Course Cartridges and WebCT e-Packs deliver course content over the Internet and can be used in a traditional classroom setting or as a complete distance learning solution. Customized course materials include reviews, quizzes, activities, solutions, PowerPoint slides, and more.
- Teaching Accounting Online, an interactive Web-based workshop, allows faculty to design and deliver online accounting courses.
- Focus on Business boxes emphasize business strategy as it relates to the key themes of ethics, practice, technology, and international issues. Each box provides insights into real companies, including start-ups and e-commerce businesses.
- Decision Points, based on excerpts from annual reports and business journals, promote critical thinking and decision making by presenting students with a situation that requires them to make a decision using accounting information.Decision Points in the financial chapters are presented from A User's Focus while the Decision Points in the managerial chapters provide A Manager's Focus.
- New! An annotated Chapter 1 helps students understand the purpose and value of the book's pedagogical framework and how to use it to their advantage.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Accounting Principles and the Financial Statements. Analyzing and Recording Business Transactions. Adjusting the Accounts. Completing the Accounting Cycle. Foundations of Financial Reporting and the Classified Balance Sheet. Accounting for Merchandising Operations. Supplement to Chap 6. Special Purpose Journals. Inventories. Cash and Internal Control. Receivables. Chapter 10. Long-Term Assets. Chapter 11. Current Liabilities and Fair Value Accounting. Chapter 12. Accounting for Partnerships. Chapter 13. Accounting for Corporations. Chapter 14. Long-Term Liabilities. Chapter 15. The Statement of Cash Flows. Chapter 16. Financial Statement Analysis. Supplement to Chap 16. How to Read an Annual Report. Appendix A. Investments. Appendix B. Present Value Tables.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >