Principles of Financial Accounting / Edition 6by Belverd E. E. Needles, James C. Caldwell, Henry Anderson, Belverd E. Needles
Pub. Date: 12/01/1995
Publisher: CENGAGE Learning
Needles and Powers continue to help instructors stay on top of the change curve with Principles of Financial Accounting. Balanced, flexible content in this market-leading text is supported by an array of integrated print and technology supplements. Whether an instructor wants to present a user or procedural orientation, incorporate new instructional strategies,/i>… See more details below
Needles and Powers continue to help instructors stay on top of the change curve with Principles of Financial Accounting. Balanced, flexible content in this market-leading text is supported by an array of integrated print and technology supplements. Whether an instructor wants to present a user or procedural orientation, incorporate new instructional strategies, develop students' core skills and competencies, or integrate technology into the classroom, Principles of Financial Accounting provides a total solution, making it the natural choice for accounting instructors.
The Tenth Edition focuses primarily on the use of accounting information in today's business worldbeginning with sole proprietorshipsand represents the most significant revision of the text to date. Content updates reflect current accounting and business practices, while greater attention is given to ethics, service enterprises, and international issues. In addition, the text features a more concise, accessible writing style; a new design to emphasize the user-oriented content; and enhanced technology components for both instructors and students. Accuracy reviewers check every line and work through each exercise in the text and supplements, making Principles of Financial Accounting the most accurate among similar texts on the market.
- New! A completely new, streamlined interior design emphasizes the user-oriented content and features more than 30 captioned photos, new line art, and a contemporary color palette that unify the text's elements and aid students' understanding of accounting.
- New! The Tenth Edition offers greateraccessibility than ever before, appealing to a broad range of interests and skill levels. Where possible, detailed information has been made more concise, and procedural material has been rewritten to focus more on the use of accounting information in today's business world.
- New! The Eduspace online learning tool pairs the widely recognized resources of Blackboard with quality, text-specific content from Houghton Mifflin. Auto-graded algorithmic homework exercises and MP3 files of chapter summaries come ready-to-use. Additional course management materials include HM Testing (powered by Diploma) and Houghton Mifflin's General Ledger Software.
- New! Enhancements to the chapter openers include 18 new photos; new ethics statements and coverage of ethics/corporate governance in the Learning Objectives; all new Decision Point companies such as Google and Starbucks accompanied by questions for thought and discussion; and a new financial statement model that shows how the chapter topic is reflected in the financial statements.
- New! The text features hundreds of publicly held companiesas well as international, governmental, and not-for-profit organizationsto illustrate the real-world application of accounting principles. New coverage includes CVS, Kraft Food Corporation, and Southwest Airlines. In addition, web links to the annual reports of companies mentioned in the text are available at the Online Study Center for students.
- New! Following each learning objective, new Stop, Review, and Apply features present discussion questions and short exercises for students to complete based on the material they've just learned.
- New! A Look Back At, located at the end of each chapter, revisits the company highlighted in the chapter-opening Decision Point and prompts students to reconsider the material covered in the chapter.
- CENGAGE Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.66(w) x 11.02(h) x (d)
Table of ContentsContents
- 1. Uses of Accounting Information and the Financial Statements
- 2. Measuring Business Transactions
- 3. Measuring Business Income
- 4. Completing the Accounting Cycle
- 5. Merchandising Operations
- 6. Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Supplement to Chapter 6: How to Read an Annual Report
- 7. Accounting Information Systems
- 8. Internal Control
- 9. Short-Term Financial Assets
- 10. Inventories
- 11. Long-Term Assets
- 12. Current Liabilities
- 13. Partnerships
- 14. Contributed Capital
- 15. The Corporate Income Statement and the Statement of Stockholders' Equity
- 16. Long-Term Liabilities
- 17. The Statement of Cash Flows
- 18. Financial Performance Evaluation
- Appendix A. International Accounting
- Appendix B. Long-Term Investments
- Appendix C. The Time Value of Money
- Appendix D. Future Value and Present Value Tables
- 2. Measuring Business Transactions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >