Principles of Human Physiology Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 5by Cindy L. Stanfield
Pub. Date: 11/08/2012
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will/b>/b>/b>
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
0134169042 / 9780134169040 Principles of Human Physiology Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package, 6/E
Package consists of:
- 013429890X / 9780134298900 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Principles of Human Physiology, 6/e
- 0134169808 / 9780134169804 Principles of Human Physiology, 6/e
For courses in Human Physiology
This package includes MasteringA&P™.
Don’t just study—visualize, explore, and solve problems in human physiology with Principles of Human Physiology!
Principles of Human Physiology, Sixth Edition uses a precise and clear-cut writing style to offer you lasting comprehension for Human Physiology, extending to real-life application in the field. The Sixth Edition provides essential digital resources to help you foster critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The exceptional art program is consistent, scientifically accurate, and visually appealing.
MasteringA&P provides a framework for you to practice solving clinical problems, think conceptually, and apply new knowledge. Interactive tutorials and coaching activities in MasteringA&P supports learning on the toughest topics and provides a comprehensive and engaging learning environment.
Personalize learning with MasteringA&P
MasteringA&P is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with Principles of Human Physiology to engage students and improve results. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics™. Students can further master concepts after class through traditional and adaptive homework assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.20(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. The Cell: Structure and Function
3. Cell Metabolism
4. Cell Membrane Transport
5. Chemical Messengers
6. The Endocrine System: Endocrine Glands and Hormone Actions
7. Nerve Cells and Electrical Signaling
8. Synaptic Transmission and Neural Integration
9. The Nervous System: Central Nervous System
10. The Nervous System: Sensory Systems
11. The Nervous System: Autonomic and Motor Systems
12. Muscle Physiology
13. The Cardiovascular System: Cardiac Function
14. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels, Blood Flow, and Blood Pressure
15. The Cardiovascular System: Blood
16. The Respiratory System: Pulmonary Ventilation
17. The Respiratory System: Gas Exchange and the Regulation of Breathing
18. The Urinary System: Renal Function
19. The Urinary System: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
20. The Gastrointestinal System
21: The Endocrine System. Regulation of Energy Metabolism and Growth
22. The Reproductive System
23. The Immune System
24. Diabetes Mellitus
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >