- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book & Web Access Card
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS.
1. The Scope and Method of Economics.
2. The Economic Problem: Scarcity and Choice.
3. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium.
4. Demand and Supply Applications and Elasticity.
II. FOUNDATIONS OF MICROECONOMICS: CONSUMERS AND FIRMS.
5. Household Behavior and Consumer Choice.
6. The Production Process: The Behavior of Profit-Maximizing Firms.
7. Short-Run Costs and Output Decisions.
8. Long-Run Costs and Output Decisions.
9. Input Demand: The Labor and Land Markets.
10. Input Demand: The Capital Market and the Investment Decision.
11. General Equilibrium and the Efficiency of Perfect Competition.
III. MARKET IMPERFECTIONS AND THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT.
12. Monopoly and Antitrust Policy.
13. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
14. Externalities, Public Goods, Imperfect Information, and Social Choice.
15. Income Distribution and Poverty.
16. Public Finance: The Economics of Taxation.
IV. THE WORLD ECONOMY.
17. International Trade, Comparative Advantage, and Protectionism.
19. Economic Growth in Developing and Transitional Economies.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >