- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Reno, NV
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
NEW TO FOURTH EDITION:
* New material on virus structure and virus evolution
* Updated pathogenesis section covering Ebola, SARS and HIV
* New section on Bioterrorism
* Fully updated references
* FLASH animations on CD-ROM
* New material on virus structure, virus evolution, zoonoses, bushmeat, SARS and bioterrorism
* Instructor's version includes a CD-ROM with tutorials and experiments, self-assessment questions and numerical exercises, links to many useful on-line resources, along with the Appendix section of the book, including a Glossary, Abbreviations and Pronunciation Guide, Classification of Sub-Cellular Infectious Agents and a History of Virology
* In addition, the CD-ROM contains all 127 diagrams in JPEG format, and updated lecture notes in Microsoft ® PowerPoint ® format covering all 8 chapters
Audience: Researchers and graduate students in virology, molecular biology, microbiology, infectious disease, immunology, plant virology, and AIDS research. Academic and research libraries, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and private research facilities.
"Excellent... The writing flows easily with good practical examples... An attractive, up-to-date book and is an excellent buy that I can strongly recommend."
--Society For General Microbiology Quarterly
"More suitable for an undergraduate class than any other text I have recently seen... Readable and undergraduate friendly, and it fills a definite niche."
--American Society For Microbiology News
"Compact... and realistically priced... Present[s] molecular virology to an undergraduate audience in an easily digestible form."
--Trends in Microbiology
"A short, straightforward, inexpensive paperback that concentrates on the basic principles of molecular virology... Provide[s] a good starting point for non-virologists to rapidly acquire a working knowledge of the area."
--Trends in Biochemistry
"Well worth its price... the text is easy to follow and represents a fantastic blend of basic principles, corresponding techniques and applied views."
--Zeit Fur Pflanzenkrankheiten Und pflanzenschutz
"There is a remarkable amount of detail included for so small a book. This well-written text provides a very useable introduction to virology. The information provided is current. It would be a worthwhile addition to the library of teachers of undergraduate virology."
“An excellent virological text for students. It is recommended in many university undergraduate courses for good reason. It is well written in an accessible style... well illustrated…I suspect the self assessment questions will be usefully plundered by those setting examinations.”
- Trends in Genetics
“Excellent.. The writing flows easily with good practical examples... an attractive, up-to-date book and is an excellent buy that I can strongly recommend.”
- Society for General Microbiology Quarterly
"More suitable for an undergraduate class than any other text I have recently seen... readable and undergraduate-friendly, and it fills a definite niche.”
- American Society for Microbiology News
"Compact... and realistically priced... Presents(s) molecular virology to an undergraduate audience is an easily digestible form.”
- Trends in Microbiology