Principles of Pulmonary Medicineby Steven E. Weinberger, Barbara A. Cockrill, Jess Mandel
Principles of Pulmonary Medicine helps you master the foundations of pulmonary medicine without being overwhelmed! This concise, easy-to-read medical reference book correlates basic science principles with the radiologic, pathologic, and clinical aspects of respiratory disease to provide an integrated, accessible approach to the/b>/b>/b>/b>/i>
Principles of Pulmonary Medicine helps you master the foundations of pulmonary medicine without being overwhelmed! This concise, easy-to-read medical reference book correlates basic science principles with the radiologic, pathologic, and clinical aspects of respiratory disease to provide an integrated, accessible approach to the study of pulmonary medicine.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Focus on the clinical aspects and treatment of specific pulmonary and respiratory diseases, and understand the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology relevant to major pulmonary disorders.
- Apply the material to real-life practice with case-based pulmonology questions covering topics including pulmonary function tests, physiologic data, and results of arterial blood gas testing.
- Learn the latest diagnostic and therapeutic strategies with updated coverage of diagnostic modalities used in pulmonary disease, as well as management of asthma, lung cancer, respiratory failure, pulmonary hypertension, and other pulmonary diseases.
- Visually grasp difficult concepts with high-quality images of the lung that complement discussions of specific diseases.
- Efficiently review critical information in pulmonary medicine by skimming margin notes throughout the text.
- Practice your knowledge with 200 case-based, self-assessment questions and apply pulmonology principles to real-life practice.
- Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult, including NEW unique author audio chapter lectures, video clips, questions, additional audio recordings of lung sounds, supplemental images, and more.
Description: This is an excellent introduction to pulmonary medicine for medical students as well as a concise reference for review of basic concepts. This fourth edition updates the 1998 third edition.
Purpose: This is intended as a textbook to aid medical students with learning the pathophysiology of pulmonary medicine. The book meets this worthy goal.
Audience: It is written to aid medical students with primary learning, as well as to act as a reference for residents and fellows who are reviewing and teaching difficult concepts. The author is a credible authority in pulmonary medicine.
Features: The book provides an overview of all aspects of pulmonary medicine, from anatomy and physiology, to lung cancer, vascular, inflammatory, fibrotic, and infectious disorders. There are multiple excellent figures and diagrams, summary points in the margins, and a detailed index. Shortcomings, such as lack of in-depth explanations, are solved by references provided at the end of chapters.
Assessment: I found this book to be an excellent resource for teaching medical students. The fourth edition provides insight into recent advances and current issues in pulmonary medicine.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 7 MB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews