Principles of Real Analysis / Edition 2by Charalambos D. Aliprantis
Pub. Date: 02/28/1990
Publisher: Elsevier Science & Technology Books
This edition offers a new
The new, Third Edition of this successful text covers the basic theory of integration in a clear, well-organized manner. The authors present an imaginative and highly practical synthesis of the "Daniell method" and the measure theoretic approach. It is the ideal text for undergraduate and first-year graduate courses in real analysis.
This edition offers a new chapter on Hilbert Spaces and integrates over 150 new exercises. New and varied examples are included for each chapter. Students will be challenged by the more than 600 exercises. Topics are treated rigorously, illustrated by examples, and offer a clear connection between real and functional analysis.
This text can be used in combination with the authors' Problems in Real Analysis, 2nd Edition, also published by Academic Press, which offers complete solutions to all exercises in the Principles text.
* Gives a unique presentation of integration theory
* Over 150 new exercises integrated throughout the text
* Presents a new chapter on Hilbert Spaces
* Provides a rigorous introduction to measure theory
* Illustrated with new and varied examples in each chapter
* Introduces topological ideas in a friendly manner
* Offers a clear connection between real analysis and functional analysis
* Includes brief biographies of mathematicians
"All in all, this is a beautiful selection and a masterfully balanced presentation of the fundamentals of contemporary measure and integration theory which can be grasped easily by the student."
--J. Lorenz in Zentralblatt für Mathematik
"...a clear and precise treatment of the subject. There are many exercises of varying degreesof difficulty. I highly recommend this book for classroom use."
--CASPAR GOFFMAN, Department of Mathematics, Purdue University
- Elsevier Science & Technology Books
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of ContentsFundamentals of Real Analysis Topology and Continuity The Theory of Measure The Lebesgue Integral Normed Spaces and Lp-Spaces Hilbert Spaces Special Topics in Integration Bibliography
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >